Models are known to be beautiful with amazing bodies. Pink Avenue Models has blogged about exercising, nutrition and taking care of yourself even if you were born with an amazing body. Models have to watch what they eat at all times. We all have favorite foods that may not be the best for us but we want to eat them anyways. Here is a short list of things that our Chicago models should NEVER consume. If you are in love with any of these items you should find a healthier substitute.
1. Soda. (People in Chicago call it Pop) Soda can taste so good but there is nothing healthy about it. An average can of soda has 10 teaspoons of sugar, 150 calories and 30-55 mg of caffeine. Soda also includes artificial food colors and sulphites. Models should not think that drinking diet soda is any better. Diet sodas have unhealthy artificial sweeteners that are more unhealthy than natural sugars. Soon there will be a warning label on soda to notify consumers of the health risks which include weight gain, diabetes, tooth decay and so much more. Models should drink water!
2.Potato Chips and French Fries. These common items contain acrylamide which is formed when foods are baked or fried at high temperatures. They say that the acrylamide level in a large order of fast food fries was at least 300 times the amount allowed by the EPA. These foods also contain trans fat which is known to clog arteries. Eating food like this can put models at a higher risk of getting heart disease, diabetes, cancer and strokes. There are so many reasons to stay away from these foods.
3. Doughnuts. Another food that models may love to eat but there is not a single healthy item in a doughnut. Doughnuts are made out of sugar, flour, artificial flavors, and hydrogenated oils that are full of trans fats.
4. Baked goods. This includes cakes, biscuit mixes, muffins and anything else you can find in a bakery. These items are full of trans fats, corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors. Models should eat oatmeal or healthy granola bars instead of muffins or bagels in the morning.
5. Lunch meats and hotdogs. Processed meats like sausage, bacon, pepperoni contain a carcinogenic precursor called sodium nitrate. Sodium nitrite is a dangerous cancer causing ingredient. Eating processed meats has been linked to pancreatic cancer. If you are addicted to hotdogs, pepperoni or any other processed meats you can find nitrate free meats at a health food store.
6. Canned soup. Soup sounds like it would be healthy but when it is in a can it has high levels of trans fats, sodium, and MSG. One cup of soup can contain 1,000 milligrams of salt. Salt is known to make your body feel and look bloated and that is the last thing that a Chicago model needs. The best thing to do is make your own soup at home.
There are so many foods out there that models should never consume. These are 6 items that were found over and over again while Pink Avenue Models was doing research. Models should drink a lot of water and eat mostly fruits and vegetables to remain healthy. Models can also eat wholesome low-sugar and healthy-fat foods. Stay away from fast food restaurants and try to make your meals at home as much as possible.
Pink Avenue Models is a Chicago based modeling agency that blogs daily about the modeling industry, health, fitness, beauty tips and anything in between. If you have questions about anything email Pink Avenue Models and we will try and help you with your questions.
Team Pink Avenue