There is money to be made in the modeling industry, a lot of money. The highest paid models are models that work as print and runway models. If you are interested in being a model but don’t have the runway body or the exotic print modeling look don’t worry, there are other forms of modeling that will be great for you, like promotional modeling! Models work hard no matter what type of modeling they do. Forbes came out with a list of the top 10 highest paid models and here they are, some are making tons of money and their modeling agencies must love that.
1. Gisele Bundchen. $25 million. Gisele is a 28 year old Brazilian beauty that has been on over 600 magazine covers. No wonder she is the highest paid supermodel.
2. Heidi Klum. $16 million. Heidi is a 36 year old model from Germany but she is not just a model. Heidi is also an actress, television host, business women, fashion designer, producer and artist. Heidi Klum broke into the modeling industry in 1992. She won a modeling contest and that earned her a modeling contract with one of New York’s biggest modeling agencies.
3.Kate Moss $8.5 million. Kate moss is from the UK and is 35 years old and one of the shortest models to ever walk on the runway. She is just over 5’6”! Kate Moss started her career when she was only 14 and was discovered in a New York airport. She is definitely a sex symbol and one of the most recognized models in the modeling industry.
4.Adriana Lima $8 million. Another gorgeous Brazilian model, 28 years old and most recognized in her steamy Victoria’s Secret commercials. When Adriana was 15 years old she placed 1st in a Ford’s Supermodel of Brazil competition. She then signed with one of the biggest modeling agencies in New York and has been busy ever since. She is a spokesmodel for Maybelline and has been a Victoria’s Secret Angel since 2000. She never though about modeling until a friend in high school begged her to enter a modeling contest with her, good thing she did!
5.Doutzen Kroes $6 million. Doutzen Kroes is 5’10” from the Netherlands and only 24 years old. You may recognize her because she is also a Victoria’s Secret Angel. She got her start after high school when she started sending pictures to various modeling agencies over seas. Doutzen has graced the covers of many fashion magazines and was selected “Model of the Year” in 2005 on vogue.com.
6. Alessandra Ambrosio $6 million. Like most of the models on this list Alessandra is 5’10” born in Brazil and also a Victoria’s Secret Angel. Alessandra started taking modeling classes when she was only 12 years old and by age 14 she was entering modeling competitions. She was signed by a modeling agency at a young age and has taken the cover of many magazines, been at the top of many hot lists, and has been the face of huge campaigns for Gucci, Revlon, Calvin Klein, and so much more.
7. Natalia Vodianova $5.5 million. Natalia is the first model on this list that was born in Russia. She is 5’9” and 27 years old. Natalia entered a modeling academy at the age of 15 and by the age of 17 was signed with a Paris modeling agency. As of today Natalia has walked in more than 175 runway shows and has been in tons of magazines. She has been the face of Calvin Klein, Chanel, Marc Jacobs and so many other designers. She has been in the modeling industry for 10 years and has done so much.
8. Daria Werbowy $4.5 million. Daria is 5’11”, 25 years old and from Poland. Daria started entering modeling contests at a young age and won a national modeling contest at the age of 14. She got a slow start doing most of her work in Canada but picked up and was known as the model that opened and closed the most shows in one season. She has worked for major designers such as Prada, Valentino, and Versace.
9. Miranda Kerr $3 million. Miranda is adorable and she is from Australia. She entered the modeling industry in 1997 by entering a modeling search and won. She did tons of work in Australia modeling beachwear before she moved to New York. Miranda has been the face of Maybelline, Victoria’s Secret, Arden B, Clinique and so much more.
10. Carolyn Murphy $3 million. Carolyn is 35 years old and was born in Florida. When she was only 15 she was discovered by a talent scout from a large modeling agency and started modeling in ads and magazines in the Florida area. She once bleached her hair blonde which caused it to fall out. She then became famous for being the model with short hair and everyone wanted to work with her. She has been on the cover of numerous magazines including the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition and was also named Model of the Year at the 1998 Fashion Awards. She is still one of the most demanded models in the modeling industry.
Team Pink Avenue