Models usually have a make up artist for photo shoots and runway shows. Promotional models rarely get the VIP treatment of having a make up artist. One thing that all models should know how to do themselves is the smokey eye. This look is great for runway shows, print ads, trade shows, liquor promotions or just a night on the town. With these simple steps all models should be able to nail this look and it should take only 5 minutes!
* Use a primer so your eye make up won’t melt into the crease of your eyelids.
* Next use eyeliner. You can use black, grey or even purple if you are looking for a bold look. Line your lash line.
* Next fill in your lower lash line. This should not be as dark as the top liner. Eyeshadow is recommended for the bottom lash line. It is lighter and goes on easier with a smudged look.
*Next use a light shimmery eyeshadow from lash line to brow bone. Light pinks, purples, and greys are recommended.
* Now use a darker color from lash line to crease. Do not go above the crease with a dark eyeshadow. It’s too much! Make sure that the shadow goes over the eyeliner, it blends better.
* Last step, mascara and lots of it! Use a dark mascara that promises to add volume. If you are looking for a bolder look you can use colored mascara, purple or blue will really make your eyes pop.
These steps will give models the smokey look that they are looking for. Remember when going with the smokey look that you should keep your lip color simple. Bold eyes and bold lips is a little to much. This look is perfect for a night on the town, guys won’t be able to keep their eyes off of you.
Team Pink Avenue