Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it is coming up soon. How are you going to spend Halloween 2009? There are so many things to do so we thought we would highlight some of the biggest parties and events going on in some of the biggest cities. Here are some things to consider when you are making Halloween plans this year.
* Fright Fest at Great America. This will be the 18th year of Fright Fest and it gets better every year. Great America is offering the lowest prices ever so make sure you plan a trip. All the fun happens after dark!
* 13th Annual North Halsted Parade. This is a must for anyone that lives in Chicago. The pre parade starts at 4 and the actual parade will start at 6. You will see every costume imaginable at this parade.
* Haunted Sanitarium at Theater on the Lake. This is scary and is recommended for people 13 and older. This year they have promised to have an Egyptian tomb, graveyard, and clowns.
* Nightmare. This is a haunted house located in NoHo. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. It is recommended that you buy tickets ahead of time so you can avoid long lines. The tour is about 25 minutes long and is extremely scary.
* Circle Line Downtown’s Halloween Costume Party Cruise. The Zepher yacht is turned into a haunted house for the night. Tickets are $50 but well worth it.
* Annual Halloween Festival and Costume Ball. This will take place at Theater for New York City. Here you will find dancing, tarot card readings, costume contest, haunted room and so much more.
* Frankenstein: A rock musical concert event. This event will take place at The Highline Ballroom. There will only be one performance and that will be Halloween night.
* Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt. The rides and shows will be full of ghosts, ghouls, werewolves, and vampires.
* Spooky House Haunted Theme Park. This is a 25 room haunted mansion and Darkwater Asylum. Tickets are only $20 for both events.
* Dearly Departed Tours. This is a lot of fun. You will go on a tour of various LA horror film locations. Expect to see some of the crime scenes, and famous death sites.
* Monster Massive Halloween Weekend. This will be the largest Halloween event in North America. This event will be full of DJ’s, costumes, dancers, and is located at the Sports Arena Grounds. This party starts at 7pm and goes until 4pm!
Team Pink Avenue