The Winter Olympics are going on right now in Vancouver so I thought it would be appropriate to tie that in with today’s blog. I don’t think that many people enjoy working out but it is definitely a requirement for models. Here are a few tips from Olympic Athletes that really work and will keep you in great shape. Go USA!!
- Mix things up. If you do the same work out routine everyday you will get bored and unmotivated. Bring a friend for support and entertainment.
- Make sure you eat. Skipping meals isn’t good for you and will leave you tired at the end of the day. Always have snacks with you.
- Drink water and stay hydrated. Drinking other beverages is just drinking empty calories.
- When working out make sure that you are in proper form and using the right technique. This is important to get the best results.
- Don’t push to hard. Your muscles need rest.
- Sweating is necessary. Models don’t enjoy this but it shows your work out is working.
- Pay attention to your body. Everyone is different and you have to know what works best for you.
That is some advice from some of the Olympic Athletes that are in Vancouver right now. I always here girls talk about extra belly weight or that they feel big. Well here are a few things that are giving you this belly fat, I bet you weren’t aware that these things could do this to you.
- Skipping meals. You may think this is a fast way to lose weight but it’s not. When you skip meals you are more likely to binge eat the next time you eat. Eating every 3-4 hours is the best thing to do.
- You try to be a vegetarian which cuts out a lot of protein. Protein is needed to speed up your metabolism. Cutting out meat, and dairy is not a good idea. Just go for low fat items in these food groups.
- Skipping bread. White bread is bad but whole grain is great for you. Eating whole grain is good for your insulin levels.
- Crunches and sit ups will never get rid of the layer of fat, cardio will.
- Drinking. Alcohol has a lot of calories. Binge drinking adds weight, drink wine if you have to have a drink. We all have those days.
- Stay away from lite or fat free products. There are a lot of artificial fillers in there that actually help you gain weight.
Stay happy, eat healthy, get lots of sleep and excercise regularly.
Team Pink Avenue