Sometimes promotional models have too much going on. Maybe you have multiple events in one day or back to back trade shows and no free time. The number one tip I can give to models is be organized, prepare ahead of time and be ready. Here are a few things I have learned over the years that prevent me from being stressed.
- Prepare ahead of time. Have your attire ready, onsite contact’s number saved in your phone, directions ready, and all of your paperwork sent. This prevents you from being late, getting lost or forgetting your contact’s info.
- Always leave early, especially the first day of your event. On time means 15 minutes early. You never know how parking will be, how traffic is, or how hard it will be to find the exact location of your event. Being late is very unprofessional and makes you look bad.
While you are at your promotion there are a few things to remember as well.
- Always help the client with whatever they need, go above and beyond their expectations.
- You are hired as a model, you were picked because you are beautiful, intelligent, outgoing and fun. Act like this at all times. If you are having a bad day nobody should ever know. Complaining is no fun for anyone.
- Bring a pair of flats to change into after your event. This will be the best thing after standing in heels all day, it will feel like heaven.
- Always have snacks with you. Promotional models never know when they will get a break. Bring things you can eat easily throughout the day and make sure you stay hydrated. Always take care of yourself.
- Always have fun! This industry is very selective and you should always feel lucky to be able to work these events.
- Don’t take things unless they are given to you, never ask…it comes off as greedy.
These are a few things that I thought of, these tips have helped me through many events. Our industry should be fun and not stressful. Have fun at all of your events, I’ll see all of you in the field!
Team Pink Avenue