We’re well into the month of November and I have to say it’s pretty cold and rainy here in Chicago. Although the weather is less then nice we still have outdoor events and street teams taking place and this will go on all Winter. How do promotional models stay warm?? Here are some tips of how to stay warm when it’s freezing outside.
- Wear layers! As many as you can. Chances are you will be provided with a branded t shirt so fit as many long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts and jackets as you can under it. Same with layering under your jeans, tights really help and multiple pairs of socks are a must.
- Buy hand warmers and stick them in your shoes as well. They stay warm for hours and really help.
- Drink warm liquids, hot tea, hot chocolate, and coffee.
- Take breaks and go inside, any event manager will understand that staying outside for hours is crazy.
- Keep moving, this will keep your body warmer.
- Stand in places that block the wind or are in the sun if possible.
- Bring gloves, a scarf and a hat. Cover as much of your body as possible.
Don’t forget to bundle up, it’s the only thing that will keep you warm in this Windy City. Remember to take care of yourself, if it’s too cold take breaks and warm up. If you know that you don’t do well in the colder temperatures avoid signing up for these events because the promotion still has to go on. Stay warm, have fun!
Team Pink Avenue