Christmas was yesterday, but let’s be honest we have been celebrating for a couple weeks. We have attended holiday parties for work, holiday parties with family, and many events leading up to Christmas, not to mention all of the lunch/dinner dates with friends. It’s a proven fact that people gain weight during the holidays but it’s ok, it’s easy to lose. Here are a few tips to help you lose the couple pounds that you gained this month. Get back into model shape in no time, busy season is right around the corner.
- Drink 3 liters of water with lemon per day. Lemon speeds up your metabolism which can burn an extra 100 calories per day.
- Eat less. You shouldn’t always finish your plate, portion size in the US is way to big.
- Don’t buy diet food. It’s not good for you, pay attention to labels and fresh food.
- Eat a salad everyday. Replace one of your meals with a salad everyday, it’s a healthy low calorie alternative.
- Eat frequently. If you wait to eat 1 meal a day you will binge eat. Eat 3 small meals and 2 snacks a day, you will end up eating less.
- Juice. Use a juicer, it tastes amazing, it’s good for you and it’s easy. You can use carrots, ginger, cucumbers.
- Eat nuts. Almonds, walnuts, and cashews make amazing snacks.
- Eat protein at every meal, it will keep you feeling full longer.
- Watch what you drink. Alcohol has a lot of calories in it and you don’t think about it. Drink less.
- Be careful of carbs. Great for energy but that is about all.
- Substitute yogurt for greek yogurt. Greek yogurt has less sugar and more protein.
- Substitute mayo. Mayo is so fattening, use mustard instead for added flavor.
- Cut out soda and sugary drinks. This means diet soda, regular soda, flavored coffee drinks and most juices.
These are quick and easy things that can get you back to your pre holiday weight. Make a couple easy changes and substitute a few things. Just be cautious of what you are consuming.
Team Pink Avenue