Things are starting to really pick up in the promotional modeling world and we want to stay relaxed and make sure our models aren’t stressing out. This season thousands of models around the world will work multiple promotions a day, work up to 16 hours a day, and possibly work numerous 3 or 5 day events. The money is great and being is busy is awesome if you can handle it all. Here are a couple things that will help you stay focused and less stressed. Remember stress can lead to many other problems and some can be pretty serious.
- Get active. Go walk, run, work out. Anything that will keep your mind off of work or personal issues.
- Meditate. Focus your attention on the positive things.
- Laugh. Laughing causes positive physical changes in your body.
- Become social, this will distract you, offer you support and make you feel better. That is what friends and family are for.
- Don’t over book yourself. Know when to say no, money is great but your free time is necessary.
- Sleep. This is needed to recharge your brain and body. Sleep has a huge effect on your mood.
- Write down everything you need to do so you don’t keep thinking about it. Once something is written down you tend to think about it less.
- Listen to music. It’s another mental distraction and mood lifter.
Hopefully these steps can help you during the busy season ahead. Try not to over book yourself, that’s when the stress really kicks in.
Team Pink Avenue