Spring has arrived quite early in Chicago, tomorrow will be 80 degrees! Midwest weather is so unpredictable, it could be snowing by the end of the week. However… seeing 80 degrees in the forecast made me think bikinis and beach, then it made me realize I’m not ready for that! Promotional models are always eating on the go and eating when they can which isn’t the best. Here are a few tips that guarantee that you can shed 10 pounds by Summer, and they are minor adjustments. Next time you think about eating chips, candy, drinking soda, eating pizza and anything else you know is bad for you just think about the tiny bikini you will be wearing in a couple weeks. All of the bad food is ok in moderation, not daily.
- Eat breakfast! This will get you started and get your metabolism going. You should consume most of your calories before noon.
- Cut your sugar consumption. Sugar turns to fat.
- No more soda or fancy coffee. If you drink one of these a day that can add up to a 17 pound weight gain in a year.
- Drink water. Water is so necessary for the body, it cleans out the toxins and prevents weight gain.
- Eat. Don’t think about what you can’t have just eat more of what you can have. Think fruit, vegetables, and whole grain.
- Use spices to flavor your food, not butter or fatty oils and dressings.
- Eat less at meals but eat more meals. You should eat about 6 times a day.
- Always have snacks. The best snack is nuts… almonds, peanuts, cashews.
- Don’t eat after dinner. Your body can’t burn those calories off over night.
- Watch your alcohol intake, it’s unwanted calories that can add up fast.
- Find an activity that you enjoy doing and you won’t think of it as a work out. Biking, dancing, walking, yoga.
- Find a friend that shares the same goal. You will motivate each other.
These 12 tips are easy! Don’t think of it as a diet, think of it as simple life changes that will benefit you forever not just now.
Team Pink Avenue